Friday, August 3, 2012

Planned Parenthood Fraud

After reading Lauren's post on Planned Parenthood, I started researching more on the fraud that is being reported. I honestly could not believe this is going on. In one article I found on this issue it says:
"The complaint alleges Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast had a policy of providing abortions and medical services based on the ability of customers to pay...However, if patients were relying on Medicaid or another government program to pay the Planned Parenthood bill, then planned Parenthood would run up the costs “often provid[ing] services on an ‘across the board’ basis even when such services were not medically necessary.”  This absolutely sickens me. How can the people who work for these government funded organizations do this? I see how it can be easy to feel bad for some women who cannot afford these services, and to maybe help them out a little bit, MAYBE, but to then go and over charge Medicaid to make up for the free services they gave to another woman is absurd! Though I think this is a great organization for women who cannot get annual exams, birth control, and cancer screenings anywhere else, I strongly agree with Lauren's post, and think the government needs to watch Planned Parenthood's books a little closer.  I don't think it is a good idea to start cutting funds to this organization either because it will only hurt the one's who rely on their services.

No comments: