Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Graduating is a MUST!

That's what I like about Texas' blog is about Texas having serious graduating problems. Danielle stated that Texas is ranked 43rd out of the 50 states, this was extremely appalling to me. I cannot believe Texas ranked that bad considering the high school I went to I believe I only knew of a few people that did not graduate, but if you take a few from every high school I guess those numbers add up.
I did a little research on Texas graduation rates and found that "Texas' on-time high school graduation rate has reached an all-time high, increasing 1.6 percent to 85.9 percent for the Class of 2011." It also said that this was the first graduating class that had to take four years of math and science, which Danielle said we need to focus on getting college students away from taking remedial courses I believe this may help in a big way. With high school students have to take more math and science and maybe less of the "office aid" classes it will help keep students up to date in certain areas where there are remedial classes. So in turn the state can put less money toward college remedial classes and more toward higher education classes in high school.

No comments: